Catch the buzz online at HIMSS 2018 this week.
RCM teams are finding success with tech tools that improve the patient financial experience. Portal billing tools are part of bigger patient engagement strategies:
- Offering pre-service cost estimation, increasing cost transparency, and delivering payment convenience are valued as highly valued by providers as they are patients.
- This strategy is key, citing how patient and provider needs around billing are converging with both populations desiring the earliest possible engagement around discussions of cost.
Success stories of patient portal revamps
When patient can get a clear estimate online early in the encounter, then collections and positive referrals increase dramatically.
We are all over that plan. That is the core mission of the ClaraPrice tool that is on the verge of beta-testing with Revenue Cycle teams.
We’ll be following the buzz in Vegas this week at the HIMSS Revenue Cycle Summit. Here’s how to find out on your own updates about patient engagement solutions and what’s working so far.
Twitter hashtags guide: http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/official-himss18-hashtag-guide
- #Engage4Health: Explore tools, strategies and technology that engage patients and caregivers to become active partners.
- #HealthyMargins: Thrive in the new value-based environment with financial techniques, roadmaps and more from #HIMSS18
- #RethinkRCM: Learn how you can play a role in driving a patient-centered revenue cycle at #HIMSS18
LiveTV: highlights and panel summaries broadcast via Facebook and YouTube.
Hospitals are now required to post pricing online, and ClaraPrice provides a clear and cost-effective solution to offload the administrative, technical, and cost burden associated with the process of managing and maintaining price transparency compliance. ClaraPrice gives hospitals a compliant, tailored, and managed website of shoppable services that is extremely easy for patients to use, building long term patient loyalty. The cloud-based software works with all EHRs, is available in Epic’s App Orchard, and requires no onsite integration. With ClaraPrice, hospitals have access to user and performance analytics using Microsoft Azure’s secure platform tools, providing meaningful insights into patient interaction.